Canadian Farm Services
A value network combined with services to drive your farm business forward
Today more than ever, family-owned farms need a way to navigate the volatility of the current ag economy. To remain competitive and thrive long into the future, farm owners must be agile, continually evaluating their current practices and proactively implementing change.
FamilyFarms Group is a farmer-oriented value network delivering business solutions specific to Canadian, family-owned farms. While still independent, collectively we can do things together that a single farm could never do alone.
What Will FamilyFarms Group Do for Me?
Tailored services specific to agriculture in Canada
We recognize the unique challenges and intricacies of the ag industry in Canada and have services and benefits to address those challenges. No matter your location, membership in FamilyFarms Group is all about value and benefits. As a member of FamilyFarms you can expect:
- Improved and smarter decision making through data and improved management skills
- Access to a network of like-minded peers, ag experts, vendors, and consultants (specific to the Canadian market and across the globe)
- Enhanced effectiveness – doing the right things
- Superior efficiency and organization – doing things right
- Getting your family and team all on the “same page”
- Spend more time with family and in areas of the operation you need
In short, we help get your farm from where it is, to where you want it to be. Keep reading to hear directly from members who have seen benefits in their farm operation and in within their own families.
Evaluating all aspects of your farm business
The first step in improving your family farm is understanding where it has been in the past, where it is today, and where you want it to go in the future. To set the stage, we first need to determine what needs to get done. This is addressed through:
- A thorough, top-to-bottom evaluation of your operation in 14 areas – topics include everything from financials and human resources, to farm transition, entity structure, business development and everything in-between
- You’ll be guided in writing a business plan, strategic analysis, and organization design
Once this initial work is complete, the evaluation and business documents are used along with your input to develop a detailed, written action plan.
Creating a plan for the future starts with building a strong foundation
FamilyFarms membership brings you a wealth of benefits, services, and resources. Specific to the needs of farm families in Canada, all services are aimed at keeping your family farm alive and thriving for generations to come.
Specifically, you get:
- Assigned Farm Coach – 2 on-farm visits and monthly calls to coordinate expert resources and assist with accountability and planning
- Improvement Plan – the specific things to get you from where you are to where you want to be
- Annual financial performance analysis – to monitor key metrics and trends and identify possible correction proactively
- Select AgIQ University classes to hone your skills and develop new ones
- Team Canada Peer Group – for networking and sharing of best practices, among the top rated benefits of your affiliation with the group
- Access to experts in human resources, management, finance, landowner retentions, legal/structure, and more
- Employee assistance program
- Supplemental insurance program (additional fee)
- AgMpower financial software
- …and so much more
Why FamilyFarms Group Canada?
It’s all about Implementation
You have goals, you have ideas, you learn things from others and at conferences…but if you don’t apply them, you’ve wasted time and money.
Often producers have the best of intentions and want to put ideas into practice but can’t find the time or aren’t sure where to start. That’s where we come in. A key benefit of being a part of FamilyFarms Canada is help with implementation – and because you’re kept involved from the beginning, you’re more likely to succeed!
The difference between trying to improve on your own, versus multiple resources helping you to focus on the actions needed to achieve your goals, is part of what separates the members of FamilyFarms Group from their competition. Ready to learn more?